Monday, April 5, 2010

Country Corners Greenhouse



Country Corners Greenhouse is located 1/8 mile south on Galbraith Road just off West Kittle Road north of Mio. It opens in the spring usually just before Mother's Day. I believe it is open Monday through Saturday until 5:00 p.m. At this time I do not have a phone number although I believe there may be a phone in the business.

Visiting the greenhouse is always a fun thing for me. I find fruit trees, shrubs, seeds, bulbs, potatoes for seed, vegetables plants, perennials,and annuals. I often purchase my vegetable and flower plants here. The hanging baskets are gorgeous, especially the wave petunias. There have always been hanging fuschia that are so beautiful. Gardening is one of my passions and it is always hard for me not to buy too many flowers and vegetables for the space I have.

In the fall you can get apples at the greenhouse. Orders are taken ahead of time and I know people who buy several bushel at a time. Last fall I went to see if there were apples available. I found Cortlands, MacIntosh, Delicious, Empire, and other varieties that I can't recall. I was surprised to see them all.

My pictures do not do justice to the business as you can see they were taken in the winter. However, they do show what the sign on Kittle Rd. and the buildingon Galbraith.

No comments:

Post a Comment