Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Notes

I read my posts and discover how bad some of them sound. I apologize for that and will try to improve my writing style.

I wanted all you readers to know the Country Corner Greenhouse is open for your shopping needs. They especially have seeds, bulbs, potatoes, etc. ready for you.

We spent some time last week in one of my favorite places - Shipshewana, Indiana. We had gone to a funeral in Middlebury and had some time to just hangout. So I meandered around Yoder Department Store, Dad's Toy Store, and then had apple dumplings at the Blue Gate. It was very relaxing for me.

We have had some beautiful spring weather here in Oscoda County. Today is another one of those days with sunny skies, 60 degrees, and leaves popping on the trees. As I sit here writing this, I glanced across the road and see several deer eating at the edge of the woods. Our bird feeders provide an active area for the birds. We have also had three "beautiful" skunks under the feeder at different times. No, I'm not really fond of them but the one had a wide tail and was almost all white. He was fluffy and very pretty. I relish the nature around me.

1 comment:

  1. Your overviews of the Amish stores in the Mio area have been very helpful to me over the last couple of years. It's been 3-1/2 years since you wrote them, but everything still applies. I love shopping at the Amish stores and refer people to your blog whenever they ask about the stores. Thank you for doing the write-ups!

    ReplyDelete